Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Deck the Halls



O Tannenbaum!
The lobby of View has been beautifully decorated for the holidays. The centerpiece is this 16-foot, balsam fir.

Executive Director Jennifer Potter Hayes brought the tree to View, with help from her family. She says, “View’s Christmas tree came from the Brandreth Park.  It was cut in an area on the upper Shingle Shanty Stream near the North Pond Flowgrounds. From the place where it was loaded onto my car, I drove about 14 miles on a dirt road to the nearest paved road -- North Point Road at the north end of Raquette Lake.  Not bad for my Subaru !!!! From there I just took it slow down Rt. 28 from Deerlands to Old Forge.”

 
Ye Merry Gentlemen!

The Subaru "Sleigh"

The tree was off loaded at View by Stephen Wick, Ed Booton, Alan Saban and Norm Rannels.



Some of Santa's Helpers

View staffers Tony Thornton, Jody Pritchard, Linda Weal, and Hazel Alexis helped Stephen get it upright (while I took photos from a safe distance).





Stephen spearheaded the decorating of the tree and the lobby. We hope you get a chance to stop by and see it. There are also some beautiful decorations outside!



Happy Holidays to all!

--By Leslie Bailey, View staff

 

1 comment:

  1. Looks smashing! Reminds me of the times in the 90's when I drove back from the Midwest to spend Xmas in Old Forge and picked up a real tree in Utica - on the top of my Subaru - no one sold trees in town back then!

    ReplyDelete