Tuesday, May 28, 2013

New Performances Intern: Nicholas Daniluk


Hello there!
To all of the readers and attendees at the lovely View arts center I would like to introduce myself. My name is Nicholas Daniluk and I am one of the fresh new interns here. Specifically, I am the Performing Arts intern. I will be helping with lightboard, soundboard, and various other aspects of putting on the various acts you see here. So you most of my ramblings will be about the events we have coming up in Gould Hall, but will also be filling you in on some of the day to day details of an outsider learning about life in this mountain town.

A little bit about me; I am originally from Dryden, New York, a small town outside of Ithaca and I graduated from Pratt Institute in 2011 with a bachelors in Fine Art, after completing the two year foundation program at Munson Williams Proctor in Utica, New York. My concentration was in drawing, and I have mostly been working with chalk pastels the past four years, though I have recently started working with oil paints again. You can find my work here.
<http://facebook.com/nicholasromanoviii> . I am hoping to spend this summer gaining experience which will expand my career opportunities while also developing my portfolio for graduate school.

This weekend will be my first day working a performance here at View; the Great American Songbook at 2pm. The  Adirondack Lakes Center for the Arts will be putting on a show with songs from American musicals from the 1920’s all the way to the 1960’s. Classic americana on memorial day eve. The performers will be bringing in most of their own sound equipment, so I believe I will mostly be working lights. But you never know what will happen, and everything that needs to be done. I will be sure to let you know how it goes, and what it’s like setting working with these, and all the other performers at View.

No comments:

Post a Comment