Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Reflections on the Plein Air Paint Out from Nancy Ness, Participating Artist

It seemed like a good idea when I signed up for the plein air paint out at the Old Forge Art Center. As the time approached, my negative imagination took hold. Suppose it's cold and rainy; what if it's windy; will the art sell given this poor economy; will people peer over my shoulder, talk and make me crazy; will I fail to do something decent; will...

So, it was a bit rainy and cold but I found a great spot under the overhang at the golf club. The golfers were curious, friendly but way more interested in playing golf then watching me. My pastel turned out ok and actually sold. Most of all, it made sense to me to support the arts especially given this economy. After all, galleries and art centers work hand and hand with us artists.

The morning of the Paint Out, my husband ordered me to have fun. Somewhere on the drive up, I deciding to follow his order and did.

Nancy Ness

No comments:

Post a Comment